Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Eyes of Elisha

by Brandilyn Collins

Book Review
By Ann Baldwin


Throughout Brandilyn Collins’ suspenseful, murder mystery, Eyes of Elisha (Zondervan 2006), she weaves a very powerful message about visions from God (psychic visions) and relays the importance of asking for guidance, being patient for the answers, and paying attention by listening and looking for the signs.

The main character, Chelsea Adams, is given the gift of visions from God as she calls them; also known as psychic visions. When she receives a vision of a woman who’s been murdered, she struggles with knowing what she’s supposed to do with the information. This is a common issue that many people, who experience psychic dreams and visions, have to deal with. The questions most frequently asked are “why am I receiving this information?” and “what am I supposed to do with it?” Naturally, most people would want to help in finding the victim and get the killer off the street; but, it’s never easy for a psychic to share that information with law-enforcement. For a Police Detective to have their own psychic dreams or visions about the cases he or she is working on would be the ultimate crime solving tool; however, for those of us not in law-enforcement, it’s always a challenge to know exactly what we’re supposed to do with them.

For many years, I struggled with the same thing that the character, Chelsea Adams, did. I went in search for the purpose of my psychic dreams, especially those that involved crimes, killers and the locations of missing evidence and bodies. I asked myself and others the same hard questions “why am I receiving this information?” and “what am I supposed to do with it?” I knew my psychic dreams were there for a reason and it took me a long time before I finally understood their purpose in my life. I believe the purpose is different for each individual. I wrote a quote many years ago about that: “Stop, look, and listen; wait, be patient, and the answer will come.” I also wrote a screenplay and book, The Power of Dreams, a mystery and an inspirational story, where I share what that experience was like.

I highly recommend Brandilyn Collins’ book, Eyes of Elisha, because she’s written an incredibly realistic account of what psychics and police detectives go through in working together solving a crime. She tells the story with intense suspense and gives you food for thought along the way that keeps you flipping the pages wanting more. This is the second book by Brandilyn Collins that I’ve read and I never want the stories to end, because I grow so attached to her characters. To learn more about Brandilyn you can visit her website at http://www.brandilyncollins.com and purchase a copy of Eyes of Elisha at Amazon


********

No comments:

Post a Comment